America Saves Week (February 26 – March 2, 2018) is coordinated by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, the Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status. Typically thousands of organizations participate in the Week, reaching millions of people.
The 2013 Annual National Survey Assessing Household Savings (released during America Saves Week) revealed that only about half of Americans reported good savings habits.
- 54% said they “have a savings plan with specific goals.”
- 43% said they “have a spending plan that allows you to save enough money to achieve the goals of your saving plan.”
- 50% of those not retired said they “save for retirement at work through a 401(k) or other contributory plan.”
- 41% said that, “outside of work,” they “save automatically through regular preauthorized transfers from checking to savings or investments.”
- 49% know their net worth.
With more societal encouragement and support, more Americans will be persuaded to Set a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically.
It is not uncommon for people to not know how to start on their own. We understand this. Please reach out to us to getting or staying financially healthy – and understand the two most important fundamentals to know how much to save and then how to invest it.